Chatham Gardens—Your Neighborhood
Founded in 1772, the town features the Baltimore & Ohio Railroad Station Museum built in 1830. The downtown historic district which is a very popular destination among antiques shoppers, features restaurants, eclectic boutique shops, coffee shops, a tea room, and many historic sites.
In July 2008, Ellicott City/Columbia was ranked the 8th Best Place to live in the United States by CNN/Money and Monay magazine.
Like Rome, Ellicott City is claimed to be built on seven hills. These hills lie south-east of the Historic District, which is on the banks of the Patapsco River. Continuing the Rome analogy, the small tributary of the Patapsco that forms the narrow valley followed by Main Street is named the Tiber River.
- Baltimore Inner Harbor
- The Senator Theatre (70mm large screen)
- IMAX Theater at the MD Science Center
- M&T Bank Stadium–Home of the Baltimore Ravens
- Camden Yards–Home of the Baltimore Orioles
- 1st Mariner Arena–Home of the Baltimore Blast
- The France-Merrick Performing Arts Center formerly known as the Hippodrome Theatre
- Crab Shanty Restaurant
- Bare Bones Grill & Brewery
- Serafino's Italian Market
- Chatham Station
- Columbia Mall
- Arundel Mills Mall